10 Things You Didn’t Know About Noodles & Company
You’ve heard the name, but you may not know the story behind the recently expanding fast-casual chain, Noodles & Company. Here are 10 things you should learn about what could be the next Chipotle or Panera.
The Noodles & Co. brand was engineered over the last two decades, beginning it’s growth in Denver, Colorado. Here are some facts you probably didn’t know about this growing chain.
1. The founder worked at Pepsi & Oscar Meyer prior to establishing Noodles & Co.–he was no stranger to the food & beverage industry or consumer demands.
2. One bad review in the Wisconsin State Journal almost sunk the company entirely. Sales immediately plummeted following the article’s publish.
3. The most popular dish, by far, is the ‘Wisconsin Mac n’ Cheese’–a fan favorite.
4. Noodles employees do not accept tips. The CEO, Kevin Ruddy, has a strong belief that a no tipping policy helps to keep prices low and increase speed of service.
5. Noodles & Co. shared their recipe behind the Bangkok Curry and you can practically find it anywhere on the internet. Next time you are craving your favorite Noodles dish, you can make it right in your own kitchen!
6. Don’t forget that the saute station is critical to adding the best flavors to your favorite noodles. Recommendations? The Pesto, the Peanut Saute, and the Tuscan Fresca.
7. If you’re in Canada, head to noodles for breakfast wraps, sandwiches and even French Toast. Sorry American fans, there are no signs of breakfast infiltrating all locations in the near future.
8. The Noodles Marketing team took advantage of some Disney magic by re-creating the popular Lady & the Tramp Scene where the pups share a moment over spaghetti.
9. Not everything at Noodles has stuck around–you can no longer find the Miso Soup or the Spicy Peanut Noodle Salad.
10. Promotion for Noodles has gone as far as having customers go viral with songs about the brand. Now that’s what you call a loyal customer.
Read the full article at: www.thrillist.com