Everyone wants to promote affiliate products but no one chooses the right affiliate products because of so many different niche affiliate programs to choose from. You can increase your revenue or sales only if you promote the right products to your niche market. Doesn’t matter how effective your affiliate management or tracking software you are using, making no sales and promoting wrong products are pretty much the same things.
So today, we will discuss the crucial element in affiliate marketing – How to pick the right products to promote?
First, the problems start with when marketers tend to make especially when they are new to online affiliate marketing. Avoiding those 3 major mistakes can help in improving your overall passive revenue.
- Promoting products you don’t use. Never ever try to promote products that you don’t use. The reason why I am stressing this point is that how can you convince your customers and write compelling product reviews you don’t use at all. So either promotes products that you use or start using the products that you want to promote.
- Products and target niche mismatch. Even though you promote products that you personally used and reviewed, if they don’t belong to the right audience then your customers are going to just ignore it. For example, if you have a mobile app development website and you promote products that are related to beauty and health then that won’t make any sales because you are promoting wrong products to the wrong audience. So ensure you show only those products that will engage your customers for good.
- Promoting dozens of products. Promoting too many products makes your site look like an ad agency website. In the process of trying to make more sales you end up making your site a complete product promotion point. So promote a handful of products that are related to your niche audience.
Now, let’s dig into how to find the right affiliate products to promote.
- Understand what your audience wants – This isn’t a rocket science. Just pick the products you want to promote and find out who your right customers are. Find out basic details like gender, age group, location, etc. and make a survey with asking relevant product-related questions.
- Keep tabs on your peers – Create a top 20 websites in your niche and find out products they are promoting. Check how many products they are promoting, are they writing any product reviews, etc.
- Keyword research before promoting products – Finding the right products isn’t all you have to do. You will have to look for all possible ways to reach a greater audience to make more sales. Did you 85% of the visitors that come from search engine traffic are the most desperate ones to buy? If they find your website and find products they are searching for then they may end up purchasing your products.
Briefly, don’t promote the products unless you know what your target audience wants. Choosing the right products isn’t a rocket science; not even close. All you need is to know and understand what your niche market wants and needs are.